Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Website access  (Read 2159 times)

guaranteed

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Website access
    « on: May 30, 2010, 06:38:51 PM »
    I am running Win xp sp2. Using Firefox and IE as necessary. I am able to access most all sites on line but two sites will not load. I get a "Server not found" error. I have tried the site "Is it just me and it is just my system. It also happens on my other system when connected through my wireless router to laptop. It seems like maybe it is an ISP problem but they say it is not. I also tried to check and change MTU setting but have at this point not made any changes. I was going to set at something below 1500. The sites I can not access are bid-auctions.net and global2025.com should you want to ry from your side. I have ask friends in other states and areas to check and was told they load fine. I have tried in firefox and IE. Not sure where to go from here.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Website access
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
    If you have no trouble accessing other websites, I believe the problem is more likely with the website than your computer or internet connection. Neither of those two sites works right for me, either.  Web of Trust has no info on either of those sites.  I would avoid them.

guaranteed

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Website access
      « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
      you are correct-thanks