Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluescreen alot. About Bios and now its kernal thread terminated by mutex  (Read 2846 times)

sleepmonk

I get the Bluescreen alot. About Bios , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and now its kernal thread terminated by mutex. I don't know what else to do. I read another thread about the same problem but it was about a laptop and now solution had been found it.

I have a Windows XP 2002 Service pack:3
Intel, Pentium 4 cpu 3.00GHz
3.oo GHZ 1.93 GB of RAM.

I put all my music and photos, documents & files on an external hard drive 500G so that my operating system is using only using 29.9 GB and 44.4 GB free space.

I did the Bsod.txt report which is here:

==================================================
Dump File         : Mini051010-02.dmp
Crash Time        : 2010-05-10 12:41
Bug Check String  : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code    : 0x1000000a
Parameter 1       : 0x00000000
Parameter 2       : 0x0000001c
Parameter 3       : 0x00000000
Parameter 4       : 0x804e1649
Caused By Driver  : win32k.sys
Caused By Address : win32k.sys+1776
File Description  : Multi-User Win32 Driver
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 5.1.2600.5863 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090814-1258)
Processor         : 32-bit
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\MiniDump\Mini051010-02.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 2600
==================================================

I've tried  research it and all types of protection. Like Advanced SystemCare (free version), Threatfire, Spybot search & destroy, AVG (my main system spyware)as well as Malywarebytes Anti-Malware. None of them know or help with the blue screen problem. Any help would most appreciated .

Thank you,
Robert

pcs365_2

Beginner

Hi,

If you receive this error message, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
    Restart the computer and see if you receive an option to revert back to a previous operating system. Choose this option if it is displayed. If you do not receive the option to revert to a previous operating system, skip to step 3.

When your computer starts Windows 98 or Windows Me, uninstall any antivirus software and boot manager software (such as Roxio GoBack), and then "clean boot" your computer by using the information in one of the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
    267288  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267288/EN-US/ ) How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows Millennium Edition
    192926  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192926/EN-US/ ) How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
    After your computer starts in the "clean boot" environment, try to upgrade to Windows XP again. If the upgrade procedure does not work and you receive the same error message, the problem may be a hardware problem.

Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.
    If you continue to receive this error message, you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer's motherboard. Refer to the manufacturer of your computer or the Web site for the motherboard for information about how to do this.
    PCS365.2
    Bangalore.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Ignore the above post.

That error message typically indicates bad, corrupt or conflicting drivers. Download and install the current drivers for all of your hardware (get them from the OEM web sites, not from Microsoft Update). Also check for a bios flash.