Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Update  (Read 2711 times)

Zeddicus

Windows 7 Update
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:44:50 AM »
I just installed Windows 7 Update ontop of another update.

First i installed the update clean without the key. when i started windows and it asked for the key i put it in but it said that the key was only for updating older windows, so i installed it again using the first update install as the foundation for the new update. What i want to know is will this cause problems in the future for my os?

+Asking

Re: Windows 7 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:10 AM »
So are you saying that now Microsoft considers your un-genuine? Because if that is true every few hours your computer will shut down randomly.. Thats Microsoft :D

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows 7 Update
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:30:28 AM »
I just installed Windows 7 Update ontop of another update.

First i installed the update clean without the key. when i started windows and it asked for the key i put it in but it said that the key was only for updating older windows, so i installed it again using the first update install as the foundation for the new update. What i want to know is will this cause problems in the future for my os?

you need to install Windows XP or Windows Vista, and then install the windows 7 upgrade over that.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.