Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compress video using Windows Movie Maker  (Read 2787 times)

RyanBenson

Topic Starter

Rookie

Compress video using Windows Movie Maker
    « on: June 08, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
    I recently recorded a video using my video camera. I uploded it to my computer stright from my video camera. I now have to compress the video. I looked online and got directions on how to do this. The problem is when i try to import the video from my flash drive it does not appear as an option. The video is on the flash drive, justnot when i try and import it into windows movie maker. I put the video on my desktop and tried to import it again but again its not an option. Help

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Compress video using Windows Movie Maker
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
    what file format is the video? if it isn't WMM compatible, you'll need to convert it first.

and try saving a copy to desktop and then attempt import of video from desktop if you think original video should be working as is.

RyanBenson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
      How do I convert it to WMM?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »
      When I said WMM, I  meant windows movie maker. What filetype is your original video on your flash drive?

read this Microsoft link which lists the various file formats that windows media maker for windows XP will accept.

Now, for converting files, I've had success with Any Video Converter software and Zamzar Online Converter.

Zamzar has a filesize limit of 100 MB though.  I don't know what filetype your video camera saves your video as so I can't say if it'll work or not but check it out anyway.