Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: POP or IMAP  (Read 5869 times)

bloop

Rookie

Re: POP or IMAP
    « Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »
    only violation is the one that 99.9% of all users violate and that is not keeping the contact info up to date and correct.

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

In consideration of your use of the Yahoo! Services, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving the Yahoo! Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Yahoo! Service's registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Yahoo! has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Yahoo! has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Yahoo! Services (or any portion thereof). Yahoo! is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents of children under the age of 13 who wish to allow their children access to the Yahoo! Services must create a Yahoo! Family Account. When you create a Yahoo! Family Account and add your child to the account, you certify that you are at least 18 years old and that you are the legal guardian of the child/children listed on the Yahoo! Family Account. By adding a child to your Yahoo! Family Account, you also give your child permission to access many areas of the Yahoo! Services, including, email, message boards and instant messaging (among others). Please remember that the Yahoo! Services is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the Yahoo! Services areas and/or Content (as defined in Section 6 below) are appropriate for your child.

as i said 99.9% of users do not fallow that TOS. if they toss my account so be it. i got everything from it also hitting another email account as a back up if the server/serves goes down.

is it a shady area yes but if you want to try and put everything into just black and white you will never get anything done. on that same note do you also fell it is illegal to make a backup of your own computer(including the software and music and ebooks) and install it again on your computer? that violates a lot of TOS of software makers, also backing up movies you have physical copies of is a violation of the TOS but its still ok to do. so is it ok to brake some but not other parts of some TOSs or are you just going to fallow the black and white it is the the TOS and it cant be done...then that means no back ups for your computer.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:37:49 PM by bloop »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »
    only violation is the one that 99.9% of all users violate and that is not keeping the contact info up to date and correct.

No.

impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Yahoo! official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    Asia is an entity.

forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Yahoo! Service;
    This one is sort of more indirect, since my selecting Asia (is that the only one that it works with? and more precisely... why the heck would they limit it anyway...) you are implicitly changing the headers and the flow of e-mail to and from your account.

is it a shady area yes but if you want to try and put everything into just black and white you will never get anything done in the world and never go anywhere.
    Are you saying lawyers are not successful? because I've heard otherwise.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

bloop

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
      no not saying they are not successful.

as for the headers it is the only one it works with, they are testing it to open it up to other countries(again). they have been saying for the last year+ that it is coming "soon"(would have to go and refined that announcement/statement).

true asia can be call an entity but you can also read it as where you work...that is also an entity.

and yes 99.9% do not update what state they are in or if they move out of the country what country they move to. so that is a violation of the TOS so yes.

also all i did was change what server i wanted to have it connect through my time zone for the profile is still america/chicago.

also the asia.yahoo.com page is less cluttered then the yahoo.com page and it loads faster.