Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express 6 Outgoing Mail stays in Outbox & Error Code Displays  (Read 4323 times)

fdsales

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Within the last 2 days, whenever I send an email (with or without attachments), I get an error message with no details, and the email stays in my Outbox and does not delete once sent, but the email does get sent. I ran both my virus scan & spyware scan, & both came up with no bugs. However, within the last few days, I did install & run a registry cleanup program, and it appears that this problem began after I ran the registry cleanup program. Running IE7 Windows XP Professional PC.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Do you have a Restore Point from a date before this problem started?  If so, I suggest you use it to restore to that date.

Has OE been prompting you to compact messages?  If so, did you allow it to compact?

By the way, what registry cleaner did you use?

fgdn17

Hopeful

various solutions if you google it...BUT try this....

Find the file called *Sent Items.mbx* and rename it to something like *Sent Items.bak*

Restart Outlook Express. You will then see a new, empty sent items folder.

fdsales

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I did find the Sent Items.dbx folder & made a copy for my desktop & inserted into a folder, and then deleted it, which solved the problem. When I restarted OE the program created a new emplty sent items folder, but I would like to import back my saved sent items folder, as I need some of the messages stored there...only problem now is that the OE import feature will not work with this file. I get an error message that stated the folder does not contain the message file, or this folder is being used by another application. I checked the folder I created on my desktop & it does contain the Sent Items file, and don't know what other application would be using this file.

fgdn17

Hopeful

so the copy you made is a shortcut to the file you deleted???

fdsales

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I don't think it's a shortcut; it shows as 1.9 GB in size, and I did just a copy & paste into a folder on my desktop before I deleted.