Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Annoying Disconnects  (Read 3251 times)

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Annoying Disconnects
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »
when ever im browsing the internet i get random disconnects i know this because it on google chrome browser its says : RESOLVING HOST

and i know i still have internet because i am on a video chat with my girlfriend..

the thing is the all my browsers get disconnected even though the computer still has internet...

is there a solution to this????? ITS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING

Thank you..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:33:05 PM by BluerjB »

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
Re: Annoying Disconnects
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
Disabling the 'use DNS prefetching' in the option menu's "under the hood" tab may help. This should solve the resolving issue.

If not, check your proxy settings. If your not using a proxy, click on "Lan Settings". Make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is un-checked.  Click "Ok".

Final check if still no luck:
Start > Settings > Control Panel. Load up the "Network Connections".  You will now see a list of the network cards and bridges on your computer.  Only one of these is used by your computer to connect to the internet.  For example, if you are using wireless internet you will only be using the wireless connection.  Right click on each other connection and select "disable". You should only have one enabled connection.

Important: Restart your machine after changing setting(s) to check.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Disabling the 'use DNS prefetching' in the option menu's "under the hood" tab may help. This should solve the resolving issue.

If not, check your proxy settings. If your not using a proxy, click on "Lan Settings". Make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is un-checked.  Click "Ok".

Final check if still no luck:
Start > Settings > Control Panel. Load up the "Network Connections".  You will now see a list of the network cards and bridges on your computer.  Only one of these is used by your computer to connect to the internet.  For example, if you are using wireless internet you will only be using the wireless connection.  Right click on each other connection and select "disable". You should only have one enabled connection.

Important: Restart your machine after changing setting(s) to check.

i think its my router because every time this happens i restart the router and its fine afterwards but couple of days later it'll happen again

The router is a: Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router F5D9230-4 and i update the firmware to the latest one

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:38 AM »

i think its my router because every time this happens i restart the router and its fine afterwards but couple of days later it'll happen again

The router is a: Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router F5D9230-4 and i update the firmware to the latest one

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
...bump...

Metal Messiah

Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
    Hi,

Did you try what Azzaboi suggested?

Rgds,
    MM
    The time is near
    The day has dawned
    Be prepared
    For what's to come.... Metal Messiah

From a Judas Priest song, guest where took my name from

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
      • Yes
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »
    Hi,

Did you try what Azzaboi suggested?

Rgds,
    MM

yes i did, didn't help though... did i mention that while my computer is supposedly disconnected from the internet i am still on a video chat with someone and i can still talk to them?

Thats whats bugging me about this.