Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Randomly Disables Itself For a Minute on a Specific Computer  (Read 3291 times)

fsngnshiekfan

Topic Starter

Rookie

Every once in a while the internet on my computer randomly is disconnected, as you can see from the information I have given I am both hardlined and wirelessly connected to the internet. The problem started while I was only hardlined, then I added the wireless adapter and it still disconnects, even though my laptop beside me works perfectly fine with it's wireless connection.
    I just upgraded to Windows 7 and the problem has only just started after upgrading, my laptop is also windows 7, though it is home and not ultimate.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.01GHz

2.00 RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Dual NVIDA GeForce GTS 240

335GB/400GB Free

Adapter Name: Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Adapter Type: Ethernet 802.3

Connection Type: Hardlined and Wireless

troublesome86

Rookie

this is quite tricky and it accidentially happens during upgrade to win7.

if you upgraded to win7 and you didnt run the compactibility check, ur more likely to encounter this problem. i'd say you roll back your wireless driver or do an update to the system or uninstall then reinstall the wifi driver.

NB: download the driver from the manufacturer website b4 you uninstall.

if this doesnt resolve the problem, then it must b the wireless properties settings.

fsngnshiekfan

Topic Starter

Rookie

this is quite tricky and it accidentially happens during upgrade to win7.

if you upgraded to win7 and you didnt run the compactibility check, ur more likely to encounter this problem. i'd say you roll back your wireless driver or do an update to the system or uninstall then reinstall the wifi driver.

NB: download the driver from the manufacturer website b4 you uninstall.

if this doesnt resolve the problem, then it must b the wireless properties settings.

The thing is, I did run a compatibility check, and I am hardlined to the internet, this problem was occurring before and after I plugged in my wireless adapter, so it seems to me that my problem has nothing to do with the wireless adapter, or the hardline even since the wireless connection is working perfectly fine and if the hardline failed it should switch to the wireless connection, to my knowledge anyway.

So, since the wireless connection is working, the router is working, and the hardline might be working, everything seems to be pointing to my computer screwing up or the router blocking my computer for some reason.
        The only other thing I could think of is that the hardline failed, and my wireless adapter happens to not work with Win 7.

fsngnshiekfan

Topic Starter

Rookie

NEVERMIND Turns out the internet just fails and my laptop didn't show it got disconnected, sorry but I have no more issues.