Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot connect to a router. Stuck at "Validating Identitiy"  (Read 2749 times)

fsngnshiekfan

Topic Starter

Rookie

When I try to connect to a specific password protected router with a specific computer it will not work properly. When I try to connect to the router(remember it's password protected) it attempts to connect, finds the connection, then says "Validating Identity, Firewalled" and stops at that process. It never asks for the password. The computer can connect to other wireless connections and the router works with other computers. Nothing abnormal is happening during the connection attempt.

I am attempting to fix this problem for a family member, and it will be a little harder then usual to get information, so if you need any more information please make a list.

The_Valkyrie

Rookie
      Re: Cannot connect to a router. Stuck at "Validating Identitiy"
      « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »
      Check the setting for the NIC and the router. Make sure you are typing the password correctly.
      make sure you are within range of the AP, Mic drivers installed, umm. yeah try it then. i have never had this problem before, I always make sure that the settings are correct of both sides.
      Why do i get fined $2.5 million for pirating a CD, but if i steal the actual CD i get a $2500 fine?

"Is it possible for the sound waves from airplanes to cause distortion in the wifi waves some how?" - Customer