Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Amazing Portable Office Laptop.  (Read 3072 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Amazing Portable Office Laptop.
« on: June 12, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
Amazing Portable Office Laptop.
This is terribly funny. John Dvorak on his blog has a piece about"My New Laptop arrived Today ".
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/
Just ignor his silly piece about"Are women taking over the world" and scroll down to the video about his new laptop. It is hilarious.Or is this a true  prediction of the near future? Does he have some inside information? Is this a rumor?

So what do you think? Who will be the first to offer us this new technology? Will it come from Apple? Microsoft? Or maybe from some yet unknown company in mainland China?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Amazing Portable Office Laptop.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
Oh, please, somebody move this to Off-topic.  It's not worthy of being in the Computer News section.   ::)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
Oh, please, somebody move this to Off-topic.  It's not worthy of being in the Computer News section.   ::)
Is that what you would have said about...
DĪCK Tracy's The famous 2-Way Wrist Radio?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:52:24 AM »
Here's some real news: taking a clip from a show and giving it a personal caption is not funny. Otherwise I could take a golden girls episode and caption it "my three grandmas".

It's not hilarious (well, it was sorta when you are actually watching Pink Panther, which I'm half-certain the clip is from). It's not inside information, nor is it rumour. it's a show. It's like taking a clip from the end of Airplane and saying "will autopilot balloons be around in the near future? is it a rumour? did they have some inside information? etc. that is, it's complete nonsense.

Additionally, it's not even <CLOSE> to "news" especially considering the fact that the clip itself was made in the 70's or so.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.