Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no scan HP Deskjet F4240 All in One  (Read 2301 times)

gord99

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    no scan HP Deskjet F4240 All in One
    « on: June 14, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »
    Any advice?   It was working fine until I was fooling around with the ink cartridge refilling it.  Now I just get a scanner error message saying to power down and try again-which does nothing.  Can I go to remove hardware and remove it and then re plug it in or do I need to get a driver?  Thanks!

truenorth

Guru

Re: no scan HP Deskjet F4240 All in One
      « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »
      gord99,Here is a reply i gave within the past 24 hours to another poster on what appears to be a very similar issue. It should contain the answer to your problem as well. truenorth

"Not knowing EXACTLY how you uninstalled and reinstalled the device software that is usually the area that causes the type of problem you are having. You need to completely uninstall ALL the software related to the ALL IN ONE device not just the scanner software. You will need to do that via the add/remove programs. You will need to verify that after you believe the software has been uninstalled that no reference to the printer exists in the control panel printers tab.If any reference to the device remains at that point you need to go into the "device manager" and delete the device from there. Once that has been accomplished then you need to follow the instructions for installing the all in one as if it was a 1st time install. That usually means a precise order of actions.Such as not physically connecting the device until advised by the installation program to do so. So when you have uninstalled all the software appropriate to the device you need to also physically disconnect it from the computer. While you are probably beyond the free phone tech support from HP you most likely still have free tech support via the HP Tech support web site. If the suggestions preceding do not resolve your issue you might give that a try. good luck,truenorth"