Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Explorer Always crashes, big issue affecting my usage.  (Read 2628 times)

deargodpleasehelp

Hi, I use Windows 7 x64 bit edition and run AVG as an antivirus. I also run CCleaner very often, along with the registry thing.

Recently I have just (today, this morning) Uninstalled Microsoft IE 9 Preview and System Requirements lab from Intel.

But also, the night before there was a power surge, while in the middle of something I lost all my data on Windows 7.

But I just noticed today, That My start menu search does not work. I try it and the Windows Explorer CRASHES  :'(
Also, right clicking or opening a drive from "My Computer"  Crashes it, too.  |V|

I recently ran a MBAM antivirus scan and found 6 infections, (All Zugo ad-ware) I removed them and I ran AVG, No infections.

Just now I tried SFC /Scannow and at 44% It stopped and said:
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested Operations. "
 ??? :o
Anyways I am confused on this, I am also very upset that this Happend to My beautiful Windows 7.
And now I think I have a scrolling problem, as I cannot scroll down to see what I am typing, because Windows keeps scrolling it up one. :( What is happening, is this a glitch with internet explorer!?

I do not know what is going on so if somebody could help me That would be very great.

Please help me, thank you.  I don't know what I'd do with out you guys.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:11:14 AM by deargodpleasehelp »

deargodpleasehelp

Re: Windows Explorer Always crashes, big issue affecting my usage.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:11:20 PM »
Man, always when I try to post on Computerhope usually the problem is fixed with my own knowledge. o_o

It was solved by Going into safemode, restoring defaults for view in Explorer and search options, then going back to Windows 7 64 Normal Mode.

So those of you who have this problem here is my answer. If it does not work for you, then I don't know what to say. :D
The angels of Windows in my PC fixed it? :P

~~-Solved-~~