Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ITunes in Windows XP "iPod cannot be synced" Problem  (Read 2898 times)

flyingstewart

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

ITunes in Windows XP "iPod cannot be synced" Problem
    « on: June 26, 2010, 04:46:10 AM »
    I have a new iTouch, which is fine, I am just having a very, very  bad experience of iTunes., in fact so bad it may go back to apple soon and I shall dust off my old  Creative Zen

The Problem:

When I try to sync any music,  audio book or photos,  the message comes up:

" iPod cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found" and nothing is synced,

It syncs my contacts and calendar from Office Outlook fine, and the alarm works on the appointments.

I think I have tried just about everything,  I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes,  done the whole  Restore option in ITunes.. run the Diagnostics and all passes fine. I have searched the form and found another answer mentioning security issues, but mine have not changed. It is not the compatibility of photos or DRM with the music, I have tried a single music file (of my own song) and a single compatible photo.

Googled the darn problem and there seem to be as many differing views on the problem as there are computers out there, from my hard drive being screwed (which it is not) to a registry file missing.. Tried all but…..

Well if anyone can come up with an answer they can expect a very large thank you!!!

Any answers?

Thanks

Stewart

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: ITunes in Windows XP "iPod cannot be synced" Problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 04:52:13 AM »
    Are you sure iTunes settings has the right location for your music folder?
    Have you tried posting your problem on the Apple support forum? I've had good success there.

flyingstewart

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 05:10:36 AM »
      How would i check that Allan? And yes I have popsted on the Apple forum, but no repsones so far...

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
      In iTunes click on EDIT - PREFERENCES - ADVANCED and look at the location of the default iTunes Media Folder Location. Also, does iTunes show all of your music? And when you try to play a song by double-clicking on the name of a song does it actually play or do you get a message saying it can't find the file?

flyingstewart

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
        All is in place. Followed the path in explorer and it is indeed full of my music. And yes the music plays fine when double clicked.

I did though copy and past my somewhat large music collection onto iTunes, not all at once but about 20 files  at a time, rather than the rather laborious file/add music method. It worked fine except for some of the albums for some reason in grid layout show the artwork of the album against each individual track.