Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer extremely unresponsive after crash  (Read 2872 times)

harryengland

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer extremely unresponsive after crash
    « on: June 24, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
    I am using a Toshiba laptop and it crashed and gave a blue screen and after about 3 days have been slowly making progress recovering files using LIVECD's creating recovery discs and have finally got it to boot into windows, but in all safe modes and normal mode the computer is very unresponsive taking a very long time to log in and once loaded about 5mins just to load the start menu! so it is unusable, when i run SLAX (an operating system that boots of USB) it runs smoothly and i cannot restore the computer as i have no restore points and none of the options work, i created a recovery CD and the only option i have is to re-install windows but i need a Licence Key to do so, but i have lost it (has rubbed off the bottom of the laptop) so all i plan to do is use magicaljellybean key finder to find the key from the registry and re-install windows but cant as it is so slow, what is causing this!

when windows is loading i will hear loading sounds from the HDD, but a repeated loading sound over and over again.

i really need help now, thankyou for your time.

UNSCSpartan3

Beginner

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer extremely unresponsive after crash
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
    Run a virus scan and see what happens

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
    Do you have the receipt from when you purchased the laptop, as to prove you paid for the version of windows? If you have or not take it back to the place you purchased from and ask them to help.
    If you did not get a CD with the laptop the recovery may be hidden on a partition on the HDD.
    When booting press F8 repeatedly on start up before the Windows logo appears.

Go to Advance Boot options

and then see if there is Repair your computer

If that does not exist then pls come back and we can try something else.

stevieboy

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:23:58 AM »
      love ur animation u make it ur self :)

Mulreay

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »
      love ur animation u make it ur self :)

What are you talking about?