Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: View Keyboard Keystroke Cache to slow down macro  (Read 3278 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
View Keyboard Keystroke Cache to slow down macro
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:21:08 PM »
I am using JitBit Macro recorder to run keyboard automation routines on one of my computers and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to view the keystroke cache (buffer) to see what is in the que for keystrokes to be output to the system. This is not to capture keystrokes as they happen, but to see what are accumulating.

The problem I am having is with timing. I want the macro to run as fast as it can so it doesnt take forever to execute the lengthy process, yet I am fighting with trying to get the speed fast, but not send keystrokes into the keystroke cache which accumulate into an overload where you get the tone similar to a stuck keyboard key. I was thinking that if there was a way to view this keyboard cache for keystrokes, I could fine tune the speed to be that of equal to the rate at which the system can receive the keystrokes and avoid this overflow of keystrokes to the system. I was thinking that this might be able to be done with programming, however I am not sure? Any suggestions...Maybe there is a rule of thumb as to the maximum rate of keyboard input that someone might know that I am unaware of, that mentions the speed at which keystrokes can be entered and not stack keystrokes into the buffer that leads to a keyboard overflow to the system?