Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: File wuauclt.exe is infected  (Read 3121 times)

wad_dos

Topic Starter

Rookie

File wuauclt.exe is infected
    « on: July 04, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
    Hello,
    I have a virus on my computer similar to the ones that other users on this site have posted about.  Nothing on my computer opens other than the internet (I'm using firefox).  A security warning pops up that says: Application cannot be executed. The file wuauclt.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?  A pop up in internet explorer pops up every so often, as well as two different "security warnings" that will pop up every now and then. 

The sound on my computer will occasionally not work as well.  Right now the sound is fine, but every so often when i turn the computer on the sound will not function correctly. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

wad_dos

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: File wuauclt.exe is infected
      « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
      I tried to install the programs that are listed in the link that was posted, but my computer will not run anything other than the internet.  I could not get the on-line armor to run.  I also could not get the add or remove programs to run in the control panel.  I am not sure what to do if I cannot get anything to run on my computer.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: File wuauclt.exe is infected
      « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:14:30 AM »
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/