Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer aspire 3003 lci laptop Memory issue!  (Read 3662 times)

catkoot

Topic Starter

Beginner

Acer aspire 3003 lci laptop Memory issue!
    « on: July 07, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »
    Running winxp  almost 6 years old used rarely . the spec. says 256 MBDDR but its reading only 190  . It's making the laptop very slow nothing is working keypad or the touch mouse . I used the recovery CD to restore the sys ,  when  i run it on the safe mode every thing work good , normal mode very slow . what should i do ??

beanhead07

Hopeful
      Re: Acer aspire 3003 lci laptop Memory issue!
      « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
      It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the memory. 256 is very low for Windows XP.
      If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

catkoot

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »
        I just bought  1 GB DDR mem and the computer reads it . Nothing changed, the computer still dosen't respond , it seems slow the  touch pad  or keyboard  don't work  unless,  in the safe mode only every thing work normal !!! I really don't understand it !!Can any one help and tell me what should I do ?

beanhead07

Hopeful
          « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »
          Sounds kinda like a virus maybe. Have you run a virus scan recently or since this started happening? You can go online and download Avira, that's probably the best free antivirus I've found. Also you can try Malware Bytes antimalware and see if that helps.

catkoot

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:14:26 AM »
            A  happy ending . I was able to fix it. I don't know exactly which step that fixed it but i did two things ,
            first I noticed when I shutdown it says "the power meter does'nt want to close" so I restarted on the safe mode and removed " unchecked"  -from the controll panel - the power meter icon from the taskbar .
            Second I uninstalled the touchpad driver from the device manager then restarted the laptop. It worked .
            I'm keeping the 1GB memory that I bought anyway .

Thanks for all .

beanhead07

Hopeful
              « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »
              Glad you were able to fix it!