Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with my HP laptop battery  (Read 2436 times)

needzhelp84

Need help with my HP laptop battery
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
My power adapter won't charge my laptop anymore- the light won't come on (to signify it is charging), and battery back isn't even warm. The cord is incredibly loose, so I think it is my jack. Some local computer place said they needed to sauder the jack, which would run about $200. I bought this laptop 2 years ago for about $500 new, and in all honesty I want to sell it, so I shouldn't spend $200 to fix it to sell it for probably the same price.

My dilemma/question. I have a few important documents on there, and I'd like to reset it for when I sell it, then just list it "as-is." I don't have them backed up (I know, I know), so I need to find a way to either charge the battery for an hour so I can get all the stuff off there that I need, or to be able to use the power adapter. Is there some clever way to achieve this? Tin foil or copper? Remote removal? Any ideas are greatly appreciated- I'm desperate here!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need help with my HP laptop battery
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
2.5" laptop to IDE converter:

About 8 Bucks at any PC store...

Enables you to pull the laptop drive and hook it up into any working desktop machine to retrieve your data...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "