Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gateway laptop bios screen flashing on and off  (Read 2564 times)

xandros

Topic Starter

gateway laptop bios screen flashing on and off
    « on: July 09, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »
    have a 1200 series gateway  bios screen flashes on and off every second.nothing happens when f buttons pushed or held down,changed comos battery,changed memory,hard drive, systems hard drive [linux and windows],cd/dvd,same result,have complete teardown and reassembly, same result !!!! jeff

truenorth

Guru

Re: gateway laptop bios screen flashing on and off
      « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »
      Given all the things you have done or changed it is Nye unto impossible to point to any one thing that could be causing your issue. The general concept is to install only the very basic things into it then add the remaining one at a time and see the progress (or lack of). However i would try removing all but one ram stick (assuming more than one is installed). If that doesn't get things running try different sticks and slots. Then go to my previous suggestion. I am wondering what caused you to do all this stuff in the 1st place and what you had done immediately prior to that IE: adding software and/or hardware? truenorth