Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Faulty usb sound device?  (Read 2850 times)

Joelbot

Faulty usb sound device?
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:58:04 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem getting audio to play from my laptop through my samsung hdtv. I recently purchased a usb sound card adapter as it had appeared that my internal one had snuffed it. Using a stereo, male to male lead I've connected the audio out from the device to the correct port on the back of the tv. Now the problem is, that while the lead is fully inserted into the usb sound device, I get a loud screeching noise before the device disables itself and windows media for example, tells me a device has been removed or reconfigured. Now interestingly, If I only push the lead halfway into the usb device, I get perfect sound through the tv but from only one speaker. I can't work out whether it's the device itself that is faulty, or wrong configuration etc. I just know it is bugging the *censored* out of me as I've been trying desperately for some time to fix my little audio dilemma.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

truenorth

Guru

Re: Faulty usb sound device?
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
    Does your laptop/tv have output/inputs that will allow you to do the audio transfer via RCA plugs or a mini stereo plug? If so try that. It sounds like a faulty USB cable or jack input issue.truenorth

dwegiel

Rookie

Re: Faulty usb sound device?
      « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »
      Stereo plug into mono jack? Idk.  ??? Might be a faulty device.