Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Transformation Package 9.0  (Read 3026 times)

hadrice

Vista Transformation Package 9.0
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Two User Accounts

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1500+
1.29 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

AVG Anti-Virus Free

------------------------------

So I run the program called Vista Transformation Pack from BelchFire and I end up getting a message saying

'Windows cannot access the specified device, file or path. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item.'

Next AVG pops up and says scrnrdr.exe is a trojan horse.

Then I get a message saying
'Could not execute the external program C:\\WINDOWS\System32\scrnrdr.exe'

This program is supposed to make my PC look like Vista. So how can I solve this problem?

I've recently downloaded Zune theme from microsoft, used TuneUp Utilities; fixed registry and improved system performances, RocketDock.exe, installed two new browsers; Opera and Safari and used CCleaner's registry fix and cleaner.

How can I fix this problem so I can use the Vista Transformation Package? I've seen others use it successfully without any problems!

BluerjB

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Vista Transformation Package 9.0
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Two User Accounts

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1500+
1.29 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

AVG Anti-Virus Free

------------------------------

So I run the program called Vista Transformation Pack from BelchFire and I end up getting a message saying

'Windows cannot access the specified device, file or path. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item.'

Next AVG pops up and says scrnrdr.exe is a trojan horse.

Then I get a message saying
'Could not execute the external program C:\\WINDOWS\System32\scrnrdr.exe'

This program is supposed to make my PC look like Vista. So how can I solve this problem?

I've recently downloaded Zune theme from microsoft, used TuneUp Utilities; fixed registry and improved system performances, RocketDock.exe, installed two new browsers; Opera and Safari and used CCleaner's registry fix and cleaner.

How can I fix this problem so I can use the Vista Transformation Package? I've seen others use it successfully without any problems!

As simple as disabling AVG or uninstalling it because its interfering with the installation.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »
Transformation Packs are a nightmare in general...

Are you sure you want to risk hosing a perfectly good XP install just so it looks like Vista ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
I tried it in a VM. it's sort of a cheap substitute. OTOH, because it was in a VM it couldn't use direct3d.

Oh and in an interesting twist the file that AVG said was infected is picked up as an infection by 13 other programs.
I don't understand why people bother with AV programs if they are simply going to disable them everytime it does it's job.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Just use Virus Total Scanner to scan a file with multiple AV engines on one go.

But if you really want a transformation pack, see this link here, make a restore point before you install and install in safe mode.