Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Panda Titanium 2005 AntiVirus  (Read 6883 times)

ultra_classic

Re: Panda Titanium 2005 AntiVirus
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 06:36:05 AM »
Greetings all,
PROBLEM SOLVED ::)
Solution:
Open Control Panel>Security Center>Windows Firewall>Exceptions Tab>Add Program>"Open Panda Titanium AntiVirus 2005">(be sure to check it).

Open Panda Firewall 'Connection Permission Settings' uncheck 'Automatically assign connection permissions' regenerate the list and scroll down, and using dropdown box change 'connection setting' to Inbound/Outbound on the following items: HyperTerminal Applet, TAPI 3.0 dialer & IPMulticast, and Internet Explorer.

That should allow access to MSN Hotmail with the Panda Firewall enabled. click>O.K.>O.K.>back

Thanks to all of you who contributed on this one.
Best regards,
ultra_classic;D

Greetings all,
Sorry to say my 'fix' only lasted two days...and then it was back to square one again! :o I downloaded some Microsoft updates and that changed everything. ::)

I was in contact with a former Panda Tech and the truth is the "Panda/Sygate Firewall is a very limited version, and cannot be configured period". :( So buyer beware on Panda Titanium 2005.

The purchased version of Sygate Personal Firewall Pro is fully configurable and works very well. Sygate also has a free one.

FYI for all the Panda fans, there is a way to integrate the Sygate Personal Firewall Pro with all the features to work with Panda Titanium 2005. If anyone really cares post to this thread and I'll post the directions for you.

I was looking for a product that had AntiVirus and bi-directional firewall. Found and purchased ZoneAlarm (they have a Free one but without all the features) and could not be happier.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;D
Best regards,
ultra_classic

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:45:56 AM by ultra_classic »

Raptor

Re: Panda Titanium 2005 AntiVirus
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 07:24:34 AM »
Both ZoneAlarm and Sygate retail firewalls are excellent.