Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezing and restarting on its own  (Read 3692 times)

markho10

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer freezing and restarting on its own
    « on: July 17, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
    So, I've got this error that gets pretty annoying, my PC keeps on crashing under unknown circumstances. On reboot, I got the window that the system recovered from a serious error. In the event viewer i get this:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 f7ffebfe, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 f7ffebfe, parameter4 00000000.

The system temperature is not too much over the limit. The CPU is ~ 60°C, which I don't think its too high.

Configuration:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600 + ~ 1,9 GHz
    1024 MB RAM (1x512, 2x256)
    ATI Radeon 9600 PRO (128 MB)

Any solutions?  ???

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer freezing and restarting on its own
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
    The CPU is ~ 60°C
    Desktop? If so, it's way too high.

Salmon Trout

Re: Computer freezing and restarting on its own
    « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:05:02 AM »
    Desktop? If so, it's way too high.

For the Athlon 1600+ if the temp is constantly or usually over 50 it means cooling is not good enough. However the problem is probably the overclock. The Athlon XO 1600+ is a 1.4 GHz part. If he is running it at around 1.9 GHZ as his post says, that is almost certainly the cause of the instability. Even if he has got the cpu core voltage right the cpu might be marginal at that speed and also the RAM might not be able to keep up. Plus it is getting hot. What mystifies me is that he has that system and those symptoms and he needs to ask why it keeps crashing when he plays games...