Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 USB Audio Driver Will Not Install  (Read 6303 times)

Skipper63

Topic Starter

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 USB Audio Driver Will Not Install
    « on: July 19, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
    Just purchased a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 for my Dell 5100 Inspiron laptop.  I purchased this particular webcam because my laptop has neither a camera nor a microphone - and Logitech appears to be an excellent quality device.   I'm running Windows XP.  I want to use this webcam with Skype.   The camera works fine.  However, the microphone seems dead.  Talked with Logitech customer service for about 2 hours.  We determined that my laptop needs to download the Logitech USB audio driver.   However, each time we attempt to install the driver, I get the dreaded "Blue Screen".  The Blue Screen indicates there is a problem with file KS.SYS    Logitech Customer Service has no idea what is wrong and decided to send me a new unit (which I have not received yet).  However, I suspect the same situation will occur again with the new unit.   I've gone to the Dell website and downloaded an audio driver update and visited Microsoft as well.  This made no difference as upon trying to update the Logitech USB audio driver, I still received the Blue Screen again.   I've read everything I can on-line and done just about everything I can.   Anyone out there have any suggestions?   Regards.   Ray   PS: forgot to mention that I also did a "recovery of Windows back to an earlier time period".  Windows said that there were no changes since the previous backup period which was several weeks ago.  Tried again to do the Logitech USB audio driver install and once again received the Blue Screen with the notice that the problem occurred with the KS.SYS file.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:29:19 AM by Skipper63 »

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 USB Audio Driver Will Not Install
      « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »
      How many USB devices do you have plugged into your laptop?  Is the camera plugged into an external hub?  If so, is it a powered hub (meaning it has its own AC adapter)?  If it's not powered, then that camera along with other devices will suck up all 500 mA of power allowed through the bus and blue-screen the laptop.
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Skipper63

Topic Starter

Re: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 USB Audio Driver Will Not Install
        « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:58:43 AM »
        Killerb255, thanks for your help.    However, the webcam was plugged directly into one of my 2 USB ports on my laptop.   My mouse was plugged into the other USB port.   So there was minimal power consumption going on with external devices.