Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba HDD recovery lost!!!  (Read 60782 times)

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Toshiba HDD recovery lost!!!
    « on: July 21, 2010, 09:49:32 AM »
    Hi. I have now lost the Toshiba HDD recovery program for the F8 options and i now cant restore my entire computer.  :||x

I went onto http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ and i burned the files onto one of my dvd-rw disks. when i used it i couldnt find the toshiba HDD recovery option. this was all i got after i used the downloaded recovery disk off of neosmart:

This is what it was before i downloaded the vista recovery disk from neosmart:

I want everything to return to its origional factory state but i now cant do that :o!!!

Any help given will be very much appreciated.  :)
    I really really really really really really really love computers. Especially the ones that are fast lol. ;D ;D ;D

gregory

Beginner

Re: Toshiba HDD recovery lost!!!
      « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »
      Did Toshiba include their own recovery software to use?
      Check and see if the recovery partition is still there, perhaps the volume letter or name got changed.

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32:56 AM »
        Before i downloaded, burned and used the recovery disk i made, there was an option to recover my toshiba pc to its origional factory state. but now there is no option to do that anymore. i also forgot to mention, i have to keep using the recovery disk i made to get to the first screen on the previous post i made.

Here is the first screen that comes up when i press f8 now after i have used the downloaded recovery disk:

no 'repair your computer' option.

It never used to come up with that screen strainght after pressing f8. it just went straight to this screen which it is MEANT TO DO!!! :

to

Toshiba HDD Recovery is not there now!! :'(

Matt.

I really really really really really really really love computers. Especially the ones that are fast lol. ;D ;D ;D

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »
        Your F8 option does not have a "Repair my computer" on boot option. Just like this
        http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

gregory

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:49:23 AM »
          First and foremost you need to verify that the partition which the backup would be stored on, is indeed still there. The partition might be hidden by default?

You could then try this: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/pma500208010_web.pdf Page 4

Another option, if you know someone with the same version of Vista as you, you can use their retail or oem disk(not a recovery disk) to reinstall, making sure you use your OWN product key to register. This of course if you don't mind losing any Toshiba crapware that came preinstalled on your system.

Or, you could call Toshiba and have them mail you the recovery disks, they'll almost certainly charge you for them.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »

gregory

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
            http://www.fileguru.com/apps/toshiba_hdd_recovery_utility
            It may help you  :)

Not to be brash, but how much time did you spend at that site before you recommended it?

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
              http://www.fileguru.com/apps/toshiba_hdd_recovery_utility
              It may help you  :)

Hi Jason, thanks for the website. I have just now looked in it and i am now searching for the program i need.

And yes, there is no rapir your computer option. i think this is ALL due to me downloading and using that recovery thingymabober that i got off of neosmart.

But thanks again for the website...

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
                ...and thank you all for your help. It is all very much appreciated and i hope i can get that option back.

Matt

p.s do any of you guys have a toshiba laptop with windows vista?

Also, i have checked the file called TOSHIBA Recovery Disc creator and the applications and all the files needed to run it are ALL still there. So i dont know why it isn't working.

But thanks again for all your help. :D

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
                  Hi again guys. My laptop has now MISTERIOUSLY :o come up with the option 'repair your computer' and it is coming up with the screen for selecting the user and entering the password and so forth.... AND the hdd recovery option has also
                  MISTERIOUSLY :o appeared on the f8 options after the password screen...

BUT its still saying that the recovery disc medium is impossible.

this is the other part of the message its coming up with:

" Could not find HDD recovery folder on second drive of the first hard disk. there is no valid HDD recovery environment on this computer."

I really think i just need a new laptop. Because after all, the laptop im using now only has 2GB memory with the intel 4 series express chipset graphics card and the intel celeron processor.

When i was looking to buy a laptop for the 1st time, i was wanting it so that i could play simulators and stuff. i thought the laptop i am using now would be useful for simulators and gaming but i found out not.

Anyway, i am now getting closer to refinding my hdd recovery thing to restore my computer to its origional factory state. :D

Any more help will be apreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »
                    Hi again guys.

Do any of you know where I can download or if i can reinstall toshiba hdd recovery?

matt. :D

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
                      Hi again guys.

Sorry about all this but i have now found this program called unerase which is a utility thta recovers lost files that have either been lost for a while or just been lost for a short time.

I am searching for the hdd recovery files that r needed for the recovery option in the f8 menu.

I apologise for all this confusion but all help HAS been very very very much appreciated.

It has now found over 1000000 files. OMG!!!! I thought i never lost that much files. :o

I am now going to search for the hdd recovery file needed to run the hdd recovery option in the f8 menu.

i hope i get it working again. i have also found an application to reinstall the hdd recovery option on toshibas website but its STILL saying that its still impossible.

So anyway thank you for all your help so far.

Matt.
                      « Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:31:38 PM by PC Maniac »

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
                        Ok guys. I have found out that the name for the HDD recovery is called 'HDDRecovGUI'.

i am now searching for that lost file using hdd recovery pro off of fileguru so thanks for that jason :D.

Matt

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
                        If you Contact Toshiba with your serial and part#'s they will ship you a recovery CD...usually for just the cost of shipping.
                        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

qrebek

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 02:16:27 AM »
                        PC Maniac i have this problem to HELP ME