Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major Bios problem  (Read 2801 times)

eric.blair

Major Bios problem
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:40:14 AM »
I do not know if this is the correct place for this but i have reached dire straights...
Last day of school and a member of my class thought it fun to mess with my bios.
The primary drive has been changed to cd-rom and secondary drive to something else, i do not know what - please note this is not boot order this is primary drive so now it will not load anything.... how can i solve this? ???

merlin_2

Re: Major Bios problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:31:05 PM »
Boot pc and hold down <either the del key/or f1/f2.....to enter the bios setup.....and chose the setup defaults option>>maybe the f9 key......save and exit>>f10 key
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:31:45 PM by merlin_2 »

eric.blair

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 04:02:26 AM »
no go, tried that before coming on here, it will allow me to press f2 to enter bios but then sits there doing nothing same as if i do not press it. i can not enter bios to change it back by this way!!  :(

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 07:01:25 AM »
Try resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery.

eric.blair

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 04:44:56 AM »
hey thanks, that worked and have now reset bios, cheers!!

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 04:57:01 AM »
Some BIOS or brand computers allow you to password protect the BIOS or hide the BIOS setup notification message. I suggest you look into this.

yourfateissealed

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 07:12:28 AM »
This reminds me...

Two years ago when I was a freshman...My friend Mike and I tried to be "punks" or w/e...and we formatted the Hard Drive on a computer in study hall, and then messed with the BIOS settings.  Then, we password protected the settings...but the password we used was (name of school's network admin. is an idiot).....He must have guessed it....cuz sure enough, the computer re-appeared... :( :-[ :-X ??? :o