Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: something failed to startup need help fast fixmerpt.dll  (Read 3132 times)

bulletfingrz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    something failed to startup need help fast fixmerpt.dll
    « on: July 24, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
    my antivirus said i have a virus and it was located in C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Temp\fixmerpt.dll
    so my antivirus quarantined
    then i restarted my computer an hour later and it said that fixmerpt.dll was missing but its in my qurantine file what do i do is this file im portant because this never happened before  :'(

bulletfingrz

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: something failed to startup need help fast fixmerpt.dll
      « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
      my antivirus said i have a virus and it was located in C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Temp\fixmerpt.dll
      so my antivirus quarantined
      then i restarted my computer an hour later and it said that fixmerpt.dll was missing but its in my qurantine file what do i do is this file im portant because this never happened before  :'(

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
      What is your current antivirus that quarantined the file? and how many antivirus do you have installed? Do you have an anti-malware, spyware?

bulletfingrz

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
        I have trend micro antivirus plus antispyware thats my only antivirus its anti virus and anti spyware

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
        Unfortunately not all anti-spyware cleans everything. Some AV+AS  links/website offer free download only to find out that later it could damage your system registry. Did AV+AS came with your computer or downloaded?  Latest AVG antivirus + antispyware have much better fix and protection. Can you still boot to desktop?

bulletfingrz

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »
          i bought my computer with it i bought it as a disk yes i can still boot to desktop only thing is an error message shows up saying that .dll file is missing which is in quarantine at the moment i tried cleaning it but my antivirus told me to wait until i have an update that can clean that virus so that i can restore the file back to its original location :-\