Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows-7 and internet connection  (Read 3415 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows-7 and internet connection
    « on: July 24, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
    Sirs/ Friends,

I have Intel Core 2 Duo PC -E7500 2.93 GZ - 2GB RAM purchased last month and is installed with Windows 7 OS.
    The LAN card for networking is Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller 811*..

MTNL, Mumbai (India) is my service provider and I have a telephone line and router provided by MTNL.

The problem I am facing is -

Every time I put on the PC, I have to reinstall the setup file for netconnection provided by Win7. And while the PC and net connection  is on and I do not use the connection for some time (say 20 minutes appx) and attend to MS office etc, my connection gets disabled and I have to again reinstall/repair.

Even this has not been useful for the last 2 days. Despite my best try to uninstall the driver, reinstall it etc.
    All the four lights in the router are glowing and the PC shows "that the  network driver is installed correctly.

When I try to troubleshoot, after running various tests, it says that "It could not identify the problem".

The engineer who provided me the equipment etc., is out of station and I have a desire to solve this of my own (for future knowledge) with the help of friends and Advisors in this forum.

ps. -  The same router, connection and LAN card is working perfectly okay in Windows Xp and it is through the XP(SP3) that I am sending this message.

Any guidance/ advice will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

RKR[

Mulreay

Re: Windows-7 and internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »
    I have vista so cannot give you the perfect path to what I am suggesting but hopefully will be similar.
    Go into control panel and find device manager. Locate network adapters click on it. Check there are no yellow triangles with an exclamation mark in, if not then follow these instructions.
    Click on the plus sign to open network adapters and locate the problematic hardware. Right click on this and choose Uninstall but DO NOT delete. Then when it is uninstalled reboot the computer, this should force the computer on restart to re-install the drivers.
    Please try and get back to me if it does or does not work.

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Windows-7 and internet connection
      « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:35:18 AM »
      Sir (Mr. Mulreay),

It is nice of you for the guidance provided.  Luckily for the last 2 days the net connection is functioning fine (by reinstalling). So, when it next goes off, I shall follow your advice and carry out the instructions. Then I shall come back and report to you about the outcome.

Kindly await further communication from me.

Meanwhile, Thanks  and regards,

RK Rao