Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Restore computer back to factory setting or 64 bit windows vista  (Read 3085 times)

berries1120

I was trying to restore my Gateway computer back to original factory settings by using the internal reboot f8 option, but I accidentally shut the computer down while it was reformatting and then I just couldn't get back to that option of rebooting the computer. Therefore, I decided to use the operating system disc that Gateway gave to me when I first purchased this product, and it worked. But, the only problem is I just can't seem to get the 64 bit version of windows vista despite the fact that I clicked that I want the 64 bit version. I tried reinstalling the operating system 3 times clicking the 64 bit version all 3 times and yet I still get a 32 bit windows vista. How can I fix this? And, can I still somehow restore the computer back to original factory settings even though I reinstalled the operating system?

Mulreay

Re: Restore computer back to factory setting or 64 bit windows vista
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
This may seem a stupid question as my restore is on a partition so I have never seen the disk. What does it say on the boot disk? Does it say Vista 64bit on there? Or just 32?