Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installation error on Itunes,Adobe After Affects,and Sony Vegas Pro  (Read 4563 times)

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

Whenever I try to install itunes,sony vegas pro or adobe after affects i get an installation error. Usually it will be error 1935 or a problem with microsoft c++ 2005 redistributable. I cant install any of the programs.

Mulreay

Re: Installation error on Itunes,Adobe After Affects,and Sony Vegas Pro
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:13:08 AM »
    There is an earlier version bug found on the microsoft website for this. Error 1935 is: An error occurred during the installation of assembly '[6]'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: [3]. {{assembly interface: [4], function: [5], component: [2]}}

On older version this meant: This behavior occurs because Mscoree.dll is held in use for 10 minutes after you install (or remove) the assemblies. When you start another install, the installer tries to load its own version of Mscoree.dll to install the assemblies for the new program. Because another version of Mscoree.dll is already loaded, the failure occurs.

You can use either of the following methods to resolve this problem:

* Restart your computer.

-or-
        * Stop Windows Installer (msiservice).

After looking through some forums I have also found another possible solution. Just before you install the programme try disabling your Anti-Virus software then install.
    Remember to re-activate straight after attempting the install.

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
      Thank you but can you please specify how to stop windows installer. Thanks again.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
      To stop Windows Installer, follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
         2. Double-click Administrative Tools.
         3. Double-click Services.
         4. Right-click the Windows Installer service.
         5. Click Stop.

These may be out of date. They certainly are in Vista.. let let me know if you need help

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »
        I stop windows installer but it still gives me an error 1935 error during assembly with programs like itunes sony vegas and such.