Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System restore problem after messing with registry  (Read 2852 times)

longduckdonger

System restore problem after messing with registry
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
I have a toshiba L515 with windows 7. i used regseeker and deleted over 10000 entries. it said it saved a back up but i cant even get into the computer. all i have available to me is the system restore options but nothing works. blue screen appears and always goes to automatic repair and never works. then goes to the advanced options but nothing works either. it cant get into windows at all. what can i do?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: System restore problem after messing with registry
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
We always tell people to avoid registry cleaners - this is the very reason - the can cause major problems and never do ANY good at all. If you can't get into the system at all you can boot to the OS cd and try the repair options.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: System restore problem after messing with registry
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »
or perhaps you probably have to do the factory recovery options if the repair fails. But this will delete your files apparently.

or maybe try an 'in place' upgrade if you have a upgrade CD. Which means you select home version if that's what you already have installed and see if it will upgrade and hopefully your key that toshiba sent you with your laptop will work again to activate the windows. IF that work, you are in luck and have all your data intact.

I don't know about win7, but doing an in place upgrade with vista worked fine with me when I tried. Good Luck