Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pc shuts down while playing Sims 3  (Read 5283 times)

Javidavi

Pc shuts down while playing Sims 3
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
Hello, ever since I bought The Sims 3 my laptop has been shutting down(while playing The Sims 3) it's like I'm randomly playing the game, and the pc will shut down with no warning, and the only time it happens is when I'm playing the game. I could leave the pc on for hours doing other stuff and it would never shut down, so I don't think it's because overheating.
I also have more than the minimum requirments to play the game, so I don't think it's because of that
I have Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32 Bits
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10 GHz
3 Gbs RAM

Any ideas? What could be causing my laptop to shut down like that??
If you need more information tell me

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Pc shuts down while playing Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »

I would start with updating the Graphics driver. Please list the Graphics info make and model, if its a card or on-board/integrated, if you need help finding a driver.
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
I could leave the pc on for hours doing other stuff and it would never shut down, so I don't think it's because overheating.
That's because you're not playing games when you leave it on.

Post idle temperatures, then play the game for about 20 minutes and post temperatures again.

Retrieving hardware temperatures:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=83105.0

thelaymanscomputer

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
    Yep, like Carbon said. Processing 3D games is one of the most stressful tasks a computer can perform. Particularly in a laptop, where there is not great circulation around the graphics processor. Although you may use intensive applications at other times, they probably are not utilizing the GPU, which can often produce much higher temperatures than a CPU.
    "...I was only trying to help!!..."

http://www.thelaymanscomputer.com