Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless network Adaptor  (Read 3339 times)

malinga

Topic Starter

Starter

Wireless network Adaptor
    « on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:32 AM »
    hi !

I have a ASUS f3e laptop and it has  intel (R) pro wirless 3945 ABG network mini card.I recently brought a Linksys router WAG 120 n wireless router.My lap doesn't support N range.But I wish to step to it.
    I found intell (R) pro 5100 n wireless mini card and  intell (R) pro 5300 n wireless mini cards when searching internet.I'am not quite sure about compatibility of these cards to my laptop, ASUS f3e
    I want to know exactly whether they support my lap.
    Because I'am going to purchase this from malaysia which is not my country.

thank you....

grandpa_simpson

Re: Wireless network Adaptor
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »
    My lap doesn't support N range.

Your laptop might not support n range technology, but it will still work with your router, you just won't get the high speeds available in N technology.

One "range" of your laptop is 300 ft. approx.. (802.11/g)   802.11/n has the same range but faster speeds..
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:19:49 AM by grandpa_simpson »

grandpa_simpson

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »
    btw, the two specified cards you are considering will work with your laptop..

Get the drivers for them here

malinga

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 05:43:34 AM »
      Hi !

thanks for your information , I thought just to buy a wi-fy N usb adapter because I'am having 3 years warranty for my laptop.The sellers who sold me this lap, says that they wont replace Network cards.
      So I have to do it my own risk.I dont want to hassle for this. If I open the cover I will lose my warranty.

I think not yet one year pass from 3 years.International warranty......

So better to use a usb....No risk at all. Even can use for desktop also .....