Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Freezes Randomly (looks like it could be a Power supply issue)  (Read 2580 times)

tnp

Hi,

I recently built a computer and for the first few weeks it ran great. Now it will randomly freeze. When it it freezes it does not show any errors, just the screen that it was last on. Also the error logs of windows do not show any reason for the freeze. It can run for about a week or so before it will freeze up. When it reboots it loads fine. Here is a list of the build. If this sounds of more of a hardware issue, but it could be a driver issue (never seen anything like this before). Here is the build of the computer:

-Sony Optiarc DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model AD-7241S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full
-(2)Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
-ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
-Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power (this has been discontinued from Antec site)
-CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

I also have a fan program (Speedfan) running on the computer and it reports all temperatures on the computer in acceptable ranges. All the drivers are showing correctly with no '!'s or 'X's. The Bios has the newest update along with the rest of the drivers. Have run (windows) SFC and it returned fine, I have also scanned the hard drives for errors and nothing came up. I have not run a memory test on it yet. I was thinking of replacing the Power supply as in the past it has fixed most power issues. I have included the BELARC report so the exact computer software can be seen. It does not show the pictures but all the updates have installed properly. (Outlook is not used on this computer, it has never been loaded, so the section about those updates is irrelevant.) Any suggestions?

(the BELARC extension needs to be changed to .html instead of .txt and while the date says 7-14 all updates have been installed since then)

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]