Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: You Need Permission To Perform This Action?  (Read 3836 times)

BlLaCk0uT

You Need Permission To Perform This Action?
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
Hello,

I am currently trying to move a 18 GB Folder from one PC to Another both running Windows 7 64-Bit and when I try to move  it from my laptop over to the other by going to Network and selecting the other computer and placing it in one of it's folders I have shared I get the message You Need Permission To Perform This Action. I can place it in the main area of the C: drive where Program Files and Program Files (x86) is located however I don't want to place it there. If anyone can tell me how to put folders and files wherever I want on that computer I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks!

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: You Need Permission To Perform This Action?
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
    How did you share out the folder?  Did you do it through Homegroups or did you do it the old fashioned way (right-click, Sharing, Advanced Sharing, assign permissions to the user account, and then the Security tab to assign permissions to the user account)? 

If the old fashioned way, then you'll have to create the same user account on the destination PC.
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.