Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with laptop chargers  (Read 3392 times)

sunzzofman

Topic Starter

Starter

Help with laptop chargers
    « on: August 12, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
    Right my lil sister has a acer aspire 5536 laptop.We had it for about half a year and the charger bit at the end that plugs into the laptop started going black when it should be black.so amazon gave us money to buy a new.this started happening again a few months after so i bought one out my own money from ebay,got the right voltage onea nd make for the laptop and thats started burning the end as well.and then i remember the laptops a month out of warrenty! and its melted the end on 3 chargers now.Has anyone got any ideas wot it might be and like the costs of sorting it if i went to a pc shop? could really use some help asap as shes 13 and its school holidays lol!

Tim_Cdy

Beginner

Re: Help with laptop chargers
      « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »
      Fualty charger. You will to get a direct replacement most likely. Have you got it plugged into a extension cord?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
      Somethings wrong with the laptop if it's burned up 3 AC adapters (i.e., charger).  Contact Acer and tell them the problem & give them the history.  If you're lucky they will have you return it to them for warranty repair.

sunzzofman

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
        warrentys gone and acer said we can send it to the out of warrenty repairs but its £50 just to send it to them and i aint doin that.tryed extension adapters and just straight into the wall and still the same problem

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »
        warrentys gone and acer said we can send it to the out of warrenty repairs but its £50 just to send it to them and i aint doin that...
        You think the repair shop will be any cheaper?  Not likely.  Laptops aren't generally user repairable, except for adding or replacing memory & hard drive & batteries.  Your only other option is to get another charger and remove the battery to see if that's the culprit that's drawing too much current.  Something in the laptop must be getting hot, too, if it's melting the charger plug.

sunzzofman

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
          You think the repair shop will be any cheaper?  Not likely.  Laptops aren't generally user repairable, except for adding or replacing memory & hard drive & batteries.  Your only other option is to get another charger and remove the battery to see if that's the culprit that's drawing too much current.  Something in the laptop must be getting hot, too, if it's melting the charger plug.

ok so take out the big charger cell and then use the charger and see if it gets hot etc etc yeh?