Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Catastrophic Failure & No Start Up?  (Read 3669 times)

CanadianGinger

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Vista Catastrophic Failure & No Start Up?
    « on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »
    So here's the deal, the computer won't start up. It automatically goes to the Startup Repair, but none of the options will do anything. It just restarts itself and goes back to the same page.

I have tried loading normally, in safe mode, last known good configuration, etc. There are no available restoration points shown. After disabling the computer from shutting down immediately on system failure I got a blue screen that says:

System Failure
    Catastrophic Failure (0x 8000FFFF)
    The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0x00000000) (0xc0000001 0x0010042c). The system has been shut down.

The error details given in startup repair are:

Problem event name: StartupRepairV2
    Problem signature 01: AutoFailover
    Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.18000
    Problem signature 03: 6
    Problem signature 04: 786444
    Problem signature 05: CorruptRegistry
    Problem signature 06: -
    Problem signature 07: 3221225804
    Problem signature 08: 3
    Problem signature 09: RollbackRegister
    Problem signature 10: 0
    OS Version: 60.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

The computer isn't mine, it's my boyfriends so I'm not sure exactly what the specs are on the comp itself. I just know its Windows Vista home edition, and that's about it. Another big issue is that they don't have any of the Windows discs, apparently Future Shop told them they wouldn't need them  >:(

Is there anything we can do other than go out and buy a new Windows system and reinstall?

Mulreay

Re: Vista Catastrophic Failure & No Start Up?
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
    OK so your computer would have come with a 'recovery partition' on the hard drive, this as you suggests is not available.
    Contact your vendor and request a boot disk. There is no reason they should not provide this.
    Also before you do that is the computer under a warranty?