Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VPN freeware to watch UK webcast  (Read 2968 times)

kwisj

Topic Starter

Rookie

VPN freeware to watch UK webcast
    « on: August 15, 2010, 02:51:43 AM »
    Hi was not sure where to put this question. I have been watching a UK BBC webcast for the past 8 years and now they have decided to limit access to the site to UK residents. I was using Free VPN v 3.2 to continue watching the show, but that seems to have stopped working. Does anyone know of a good alternative with the servers in the UK so I can still access their site?
    I would prefer 'freeware,' but payware is OK. I suppose I can ask a UK friend to use their computer as a server using something like Comodo EasyVPN, but that means they have to leave their PC on, and they have to configure the VPN software.
    Cheers for your time
    Kwisj
    XP SP3

Salmon Trout

Re: VPN freeware to watch UK webcast
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »
    Are you sure this does not breach the terms and conditions of the BBC service? If it did, it might well be a breach of the rules of this site (which you signified having read when you joined) for anyone to help you.

Specifically this part

Copyrighted material

* Downloading or using a program (e.g. torrent / P2P program) to download a copyrighted software program, game, movie,
          song, TV show, book, or any other content protected by copyright laws.
        * Finding places on the Internet to watch movies or TV shows or listen to copyrighted music.
        * Making backups of copyrighted DVDs.
        * Help users use copyrighted material in their own video, song, and/or website.
        * Posting any copyrighted material, even if it's being used for helping others.

This might be relevant too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/

The BBC reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple BBC accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.

Yes, we're that kind of forum.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:42:24 AM by Salmon Trout »

kwisj

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: VPN freeware to watch UK webcast
      « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
      My apologies
      kwisj