Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios changed, wont reset  (Read 2404 times)

dantex13

Topic Starter

Bios changed, wont reset
    « on: August 17, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »
    Sooooo my friends nephew was playing on my computer and got in my bios and apparently changed it some. >:(
    That is the only thing he did according to him. He said something said aggressive.

So I have tried moving the jumper and it still isn't working. I also have tried the battery. I read that I may need to leave it out overnight, but I kind of doubted that.

When it tries to start it does 3 long beeps and just runs. The monitor doesn't display anything or react at all.

Am I doing something wrong?
    I think I may have put the jumper on the wrong prongs for a moment. Would that kill it? lol.

Well I am really just hoping the computer is fixable. I really don't want to have to get a new one right now. Plus it had many many important things on it.

The comp is a emachine t5226

3.0 GHz
    800MHz FSB 2 x MB L2 Cache

hardrive:
    250 GB SATA II

Vista as well.

This is my work comp and it would be really nice to have it working lol.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps It is always appreciated.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Bios changed, wont reset
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
    When you removed the battery did you remember to unplug the machine completely and hit the on/off switch a few times ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dantex13

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
      I unplugged it completely I am not sure if I hit the on/off buttons a few times. I don't think I did, but I did have it compeltely unplugged.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »
      When it tries to start it does 3 long beeps and just runs. The monitor doesn't display anything or react at all.

Re-seat your video card.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

Pointman

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
        3 beeps is a RAM issue.  Try reseating your RAM as well as the above and that should solve the problem.  You can still get your data off the HDD by installing it as a slave in another computer and moving it to another media.