Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE keeps freezing up on me.  (Read 2878 times)

rebel

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

IE keeps freezing up on me.
    « on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »
    I've been using IE8 and found it does freeze up on me. I hardly use any add-ons. Only what's needed. Recently I downloaded Firefox. I had both at the same time. Found I didn't like Firefox, so uninstalled it. But since then, I've noticed IE8 freezing up or crashing on me really bad. Even worse than before. I went as far as to reinstall a fresh IE8 to find the same problem. Got back into the add-ons to disable any I don't use or want to find I had a Trojan hiding on me. Contained that, but still IE8 is freezing up on me. What's going on? Should I revert back to IE7? Any advice?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: IE keeps freezing up on me.
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
    Try loading IE No Add-ons (in your System Tools folder). What happens?

rebel

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »
      I've tried that. Same thing happens. I still freeze up. When I use ctrl-alt-delete, I notice an enormous amout of memory use coming from IE. Not sure if ending the process does more damage than good, but that's what I often have to do. Just closing out of a site and re-entering still has the same problem. I'm thinking of going back to IE7 to see what that would do.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »

silverpersian

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »
        i had the same problem at work maybe you need some more RAM