Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Advice on Installation of Blu-Ray Burner  (Read 1887 times)

veritasffg

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Advice on Installation of Blu-Ray Burner
    « on: August 18, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
    I'm considering installing a blu-ray burner.  I have heard that many persons installing such burners encounter significant problems with the process.  In order to avoid these problems, I'm asking for advice from anyone who has completed the process successfully. 

I have an HP d4990y quad core, 32 bit, 2.4 ghz machine, with 3.3 gb RAM; Creative SB X-fi add-in sound card, 1400 x 900 19" HP widescreen monitor;  nVidia GeForce 8500 GT graphics, with HDMI out (I have a hardwired HDMI connection to my sound system's A/V Receiver, and have no problem with display of any computer output to my HDTV and surround sound system).  I use this machine for standard definition video and audio editing, but will probably hold off on HD editing until I can buy a newer, much more powerful six core machine.  (Maybe I should hold off on the blu-ray burner until that time...?)

Any specific suggestions regarding installing a blu-ray burner will be greatly appreciated.
    Adaequatio Rei et Intellectus

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Advice on Installation of Blu-Ray Burner
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
    What kind of problems? It's no different from a cd or dvd player / burner. Just pick one and install it. Next.