Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange Vista behaviour. OS theme reverts slowly to XP.  (Read 2622 times)

MichelCarroll

Strange Vista behaviour. OS theme reverts slowly to XP.
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I hope somebody can lead me in the right direction regarding this issue. I'm very close to re-formatting my computer, but I want to see if there's a better solution before I do it.

When I boot up my computer, everything runs fine. However, after about 15 minutes of doing things on my computer, stuff starts to not work anymore. Here's a couple of things that are happening:

-My OS interface goes back to the "old school" theme, losing the nice Vista theme.
-In the Start menu, I can't use the "Find" function. When I try to, explorer freezes for a minute.
-Some of my services stop, and give me a "Access refused" error when I try starting them again.
-Windows Explorer crashes unexpectedly, and sometimes freezes for a long time.

This problem began a couple of days ago, after I cleaned out a virus on my computer. My AVG isn't finding anything wrong anymore, so I assume it's not because of the virus.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thank you!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Strange Vista behaviour. OS theme reverts slowly to XP.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »