Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anybody help me identify my sound card?  (Read 4604 times)

wickedforehand

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Can anybody help me identify my sound card?
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:03:48 AM »
i downgraded my toshiba l355d-s7809 from vista to xp... because i needed some programs that doesnt work in a non-XP OS... everest didn't made any impact on identifying my card... XP for this notebook model is not supported in the brand's site... so, i had manually identified all the other hardwares to get their drivers... unfortunately, i hadn't figured out what's my sound card yet... thanks for the help...

P.S. i guess it's an AC'97...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can anybody help me identify my sound card?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:26 AM »
All laptop drivers should come directly from the laptop manuf. site...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

wickedforehand

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
i guess not... laptops today are only supported by their manufacturer's site in windows 7 or vista os... that's why i did efforts on trying to found my hardware integrated in my mobo... for example, the integrated video card is ati x1250... which, toshiba's site only provided windows 7 and vista version of its driver... but as i said, i managed to found the hardware's specs that's why i found the xp version of the driver in ati's site itself... the problem now is my sound card... actually, the only one left unfound... try to surf on toshiba's site toshiba basic l355d-s7809 if you wanna verify my claim... but anyway, thank you man... i think it's hard to find people who wants to talk... your reply do matter to me...

is my english correct? hahaha...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:17:31 AM by wickedforehand »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »
You're missing the whole point....all laptop manuf. customise device drivers supplied to them for each component...that's why any drivers for laptop components should come ONLY from the laptop manuf. site...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

wickedforehand

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:16 AM »
is there anyone in there who owns the same model or have access on the same model... it doesn't matter what's the OS... what i really need to identify is the soundcard's specs...  i think i'll be able to finx xp version of the driver if i know the card's specs... thanks man...

wickedforehand

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:47 AM »
owwww... im sorry... yeah i believe you man... for example the chipset that realtek r5.61 respond to can be modified depending on the manufacturer... but man, i'm really desperate, that's why i'm tryin to find out if the chipsets manufacturer's driver version would work or not... man, help me if you can... can you find me xp driver for this chipset? thank you very much... just try to google my laptops model man... i don't know where you are, but i guess your access to internet way much better than i...