Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Password Recovery from nero secure disc...  (Read 8847 times)

DEEPAKSHREEN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Password Recovery from nero secure disc...
    « on: August 23, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
    Plz.. HELP
    I made a dvd with nero 7 secure disc.
    But i forgot the password.
    Its very important data.
    Can any one tell me how to recover the data from that dvd,,,,,,,,

Salmon Trout

Re: Password Recovery from nero secure disc...
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
    Nero SecurDisc (That's how you spell it) uses AES-128 encryption. The reason for encrypting a disc is to make it impossible for anyone who does not know the password to get access to the data it contains. If you are the owner of the disc and you have forgotten the password, then you fall into that category. Bad luck. That data is gone. Equally, if you stole the disk e.g. from a business rival or relative or whatever, you cannot get access either. There is one way, however, a "brute force" attack. For this you need (a) a supercomputer (b) a suitable software program (c) plenty of time - a computer that could brute-force the older DES encryption scheme in 1 second, would take 1.49 trillion years to break AES-128. The current record for breaking DES is a bit less than 24 hours.

Think about it. What point would there be in an encryption product that could be bypassed by some guy who stole your disc and asked for a crack on a web forum?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:50:16 PM by Salmon Trout »