Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office 2003 and Live Mail  (Read 3379 times)

PGHumber

Topic Starter

Starter

MS Office 2003 and Live Mail
    « on: August 24, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »
    I am running Windows 7, using Live Mail for email and MS Office 2007 (Home and Student Version).   I am unable to open MS Word documents received as e mail attachments in .  When I attempt to do so I get the following error message:

"There was a problem sending the command to the program"

I have tried saving the document to a file and then opening it but the same message pops up. 

There is no problem opening documents that are not email attachments and I am able to open attached MS Word documents with Open Office program. Also, there is no problem with Power Point Slide or Excel  attachments. 

Any ideas on what is happening here?

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: MS Office 2003 and Live Mail
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
    read this link.

There seems to be solutions there for you to try. Good luck.

PGHumber

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
      Further to my earlier posted question,  I cannot, in fact open any existing  MS Word document.  I have no trouble creating a new document, but once it is saved it cannot be opened in MS Word.  I can open it with either Word Perfect or Open Office.  So I think the issue is one of compatibility between Word and Windows 7.  I have tried reinstalling MS Office and have downloaded the compatibility update from the Microsoft website.

So again, any ideas on this?

PGHumber

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 06:30:03 PM »
        Thanks for the link.  The suggestion to unclick the "Run as Administrator" box in properties fixed the problem.