Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox wants to remember my password but in the wrong location  (Read 2909 times)

Clyde2

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    I first posted this message for help in the Mozilla Firefox forum last April and again there a few days ago with no help forthcoming so I thought I would try here for help .

Firefox wants to remember my password for YouTube. But it wants to remember it on the Google.com website.

When I do it that way, it ties together Google and YouTube in ways I don't prefer.

I want to keep Google and YouTube as separate as possible.

Therefore I want to find someway to get Firefox to remember my YouTube password on YouTube.com--not Google.com.

How do I do this?

I ask for Firefox to remember it this way because I notice when I look at my current password list that all of them seem to be remembered on the names of their websites (for example: my ebay password is asked by Firefox to be remembered at ebay.com).

Thanks.

I realize Google bought YouTube and now owns them.  However, I think there should be a way to get Firefox to do something different in remembering where to store a password rather than just simply storing it where Firefox tells me to store it. 

Why does Firefox have to tell me where to store a password anyway?  Can't I tell it where I want to store a password?  If so, how?

Thanks and I await any replies.