Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application cannot be executed. The file [ ].exe is infected. Help me please...  (Read 3228 times)

dilemmahk

Topic Starter

Hi,

I've been getting these messages. And now lots of applications don't seem to open. I can't seem to open the malware software I have so have to run it in safe mode, it finds lots of stuff but the problem is still there when I restart in normal mode. I'm not particularly computer savvy so that might not help. So I guess I'm just waiting for a Specialit to help me...I'd really appreciate it!!

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    try and go to below and complete and post 3 logs an expert will see them , harry

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

dilemmahk

Topic Starter

Thanks,

I've been able to do the first two logs in safe mode. But I can't update my Java in that mode as it needs internet access. Any ideas on how to get around this?

And I can't even copy my logs into this because it won't let me open the notepad application. Nightmare! So I've attached them...

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Dribbling Pensioner
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Familiar
      dont worry about that an expert will sort that out , rename hjt to snipper.exe and run it as scan and save log , then copy and paste the log on the screen and post the log