Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible Alureon and Certain Adware Infections  (Read 3060 times)

vlogg5

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Possible Alureon and Certain Adware Infections
    « on: October 12, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
    Hi,
    I am working on a Toshiba Satellite notebook running W7 o\s.
    The client had some tech in a city nearby try to clean the computer but as he pointed out they were unable to. Microsoft Security Essentials is his antivirus and it mentioned the Alureon virus but also said that rdyboost.sys was a virus. In any case I made the mistake of cleaning what MS Security essentials indicated. After that the computer would only boot into running the windows boot repair program. I did of a couple of restore points and managed successful normal boot.
    I then started running thru CH's procedures (Ccleaner, etc.) and SAS found several infections which I proceeded to let it clean. Again, as before, when I rebooted I couldn't. Just the unsuccessful windows "repairing start up problems" program. I again did a couple of restore points and managed to get the system to boot again.
    At this point the PC is showing no signs of being infected. Earlier when I was working with MS Security I also removed Frostwire, Limewire, a trusted zone called *.download.com and those actions may have disabled the trojans.
    Because of the above  (i.e. I would prefer not to have to go thru another boot repair) , I am attaching the latest SAS and MBAM logs. I stopped both programs from removing any infections.

The logs are attached below and would ask that you look at them, at your convenience, and let me know if removing any of the infections may put me back into a situation of having to repair the boot process again.
    Thanks for your time

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
    Computer Repair Person

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Possible Alureon and Certain Adware Infections
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
    you must remove what ever the 2 scans find for the experts want to see clean scans , also go to below and post the log from HJT , rename it snipper.exe

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html