Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Modem driver  (Read 3937 times)

wkgjamb

Topic Starter

Modem driver
    « on: August 27, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »
    I just bought a HP computer with ME on it and when i turned it on and tried to go on line, it said it had no modem installed but when I looked inside it has a Wincomm II but I don't have a driver to install. I went on line from another computer and down loaded one but i put in on a flash drive and when i went to put it on the other computer, I unzipped it and it said 4 files unzipped but now I don't know how to get the driver down loaded. I've tried everything. HELP PLEASE

ozalbundy

Rookie

Re: Modem driver
      « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:25:09 AM »
       :-\O k now let me see if i can help you with this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let me just point out i am no expert, just relying on what has worked for me in the pasted!

Ok you say 4 files have been unzipped?,,,,,,,,, do you know where on you puter they have been zipped too?

if not sure open your winzip program and see what settings for unzipped programs are,,,Where the file will go once it is unzipped.

write the info down on a piece of paper,,,,,,,,,,,it maybe something like this,,,C:/documents and settings/winzip/archive.

Now you have the location of your new driver on your puter,,,now we have to get it to the modem!!!

Now go to click start /control panel/system/device manager/modem.

right click your modem to bring up ,,"properties"...........then update driver.

Now a wizard will open asking you what you want to do,,,mainly install a driver ,lolol,,,,,now when it asks you to search on the internet or from another location,,put in the location where the unzipped files are.

If this is successful you will see files flying through the air ,on your screen.   

once finished it may ask you to reboot your system do it ,,,,,,,,,twice!!

you should now have your modem with driver installed ;D