Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Kaspersky scanning  (Read 4032 times)

Big

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Kaspersky scanning
    « on: September 02, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »
    If I deep scan a file (say, a .zip/.rar file with .zip .rar files in it) with Kaspersky, fully updated to the minute (latest update) and Kaspersky yields me a 'no threats' report of the scan, does this really mean the file is 100% harmless?
    Can I trust Kaspersky or should I still be wary of malware creators who somehow hide behavior from the kernel/OS/AV engines, faking to the user that it's 'harmless'?

Edit: it's funny that right after installing this suspicious program I downloaded,
             after Kaspersky's file scan saying it was harmless,
             now after installing it, Kaspersky suddenly red alerts me about a suspicious hidden 'download driver' driver installation. Why didn't it warn me beforehand?
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:20:41 AM by Big »
    Computerhope is corrupt.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Kaspersky scanning
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
    You shouldn't have downloaded a suspicious program, should you? Don't blame your AV (and Kaspersky is one of the best) because you choose to take risks.

Big

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
      One of the best? Isn't it the best? I paid quite a bit of money for this suite (fw+av+etc).
      Computerhope is corrupt.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »
      Personal opinion. I happen to believe it's the best, but there are others who will disagree. Regardless, it's certainly one of, if not the best.